A photograph of the exterior front entrance of the South Portland Branch. Lettering above the entrance reads 'PUBLIC LIBRARY.' Tree branches are in the foreground. The South Portland Branch building opened in 1921 at Second Avenue and Hooker Street (SW) with funding from the Carnegie Corporation of New York. In 1940, the branch closed three days a week and was downgraded to a ""station"" due to a dwindling residential population and decreased use.
Collections with this item
Rights & Usage
Rights undetermined (the copyright and related rights status of this work is unknown).