A photograph of the exterior of the Hillsdale Branch. A stair case with blue railing runs down the hill from the front breezeway to the sidewalk. Blue awning on the street side reads 'HILLSDALE BRANCH LIBRARY.' A sign on the lawn on the right reads 'Multnomah County LIBRARY, Hillsdale Branch.' Shrubs line the side and front breezeway. The shrub in the front corner has grown almost as tall as the roofline. Built in 1957, it was the first 'modern branch library' to open in the county. It closed in 2001 in preparation for replacing the building with a new one on the same site.
Collections with this item
Rights & Usage
Rights undetermined (the copyright and related rights status of this work is unknown).