A photograph of the exterior of the St. Johns Branch circa 1913. The Southern Colonial style brick building has six multi-pane arched windows on the front; three windows on either side of the front entrance. There are four windows on the side of the building. The decorative front entrance has double column pillars on either side of the double doors. Engraving over the entrance reads 'PVBLIC LIBRARY St JOHNS BRANCH.' Tall evergreen trees stand behind the building. The road in front is unpaved. Money for the building came from the Carnegie Corporation of New York; the site was a gift of Mr. M.L. Holbrook. The new building opened in November, 1913.
Collections with this item
Rights & Usage
Rights undetermined (the copyright and related rights status of this work is unknown).
Add new comment