A photograph of the exterior of the North Portland Branch. Partially in view are two Model T-style cars parked in front. Tree branches are in the foreground. In 1912, the Carnegie Corporation of New York donated $60,000 for four new branch libraries, including one to replace North Albina Library. The land for the new North Albina location came from the generous gifts of many community members, and construction soon started. The new Jacobethan-style building opened its doors on February 20, 1913, included a children's room and a 150-seat assembly hall and was newly named North Portland Library.
Collections with this item
[back] Typed alphanumeric identifiers and 'General repairs & improvements to North Portland Branch Library - Exterior view.' and 'Multnomah County'
Rights & Usage
In copyright. Copyright owner unlocatable or unidentifiable.