In 1885, the city of Portland determined that it needed a new water system. The Bull Run River was selected, and a gravity-flow system to pipe water from the Bull Run to Portland opened in 1895. The entire watershed of the Bull Run River was established as a federally-protected forest reserve in 1892. Consequently, the watershed is closed to the public, and few people are able to visit in person.
Physical copies of many items in this collection are held by Multnomah County Library. However, the library does not hold the copyright to these items. Copyright usually resides with the creator(s) of the items. Any information about copyright for items in this collection will be noted in the metadata and Rights & Usage field for each item.
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material. It is the responsibility of any users of this digital collection to determine whether their intended use of an item is acceptable under copyright law.
If you are a copyright holder for an item on this website that is not properly identified, please contact us. When contacting us about an item in this collection, please include the identifier for the item (e.g., XXmap_000041).