The city of Wood Village is located near the south bank of the Columbia River in an area that was originally home to the Clackamas, Multnomah and other indigenous peoples. It was built as a planned community in 1942, to house workers at the nearby Reynolds Aluminum plant. Wood Village was incorporated in 1951.
Physical copies of many items in this collection are held by Multnomah County Library. However, the library does not hold the copyright to these items. Copyright usually resides with the creator(s) of the items. Any information about copyright for items in this collection will be noted in the metadata and Rights & Usage field for each item.
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material. It is the responsibility of any users of this digital collection to determine whether their intended use of an item is acceptable under copyright law.
If you are a copyright holder for an item on this website that is not properly identified, please contact us. When contacting us about an item in this collection, please include the identifier for the item (e.g., XXmap_000041).