Map of Columbia Villa, published around 1943, from a collection of maps of temporary housing projects administered by Housing Authority of Portland during the Second World War. The map shows street names, house and unit numbers, an administration building, and several laundry buildings. Most other temporary wartime housing projects in the Portland area were demolished after the war, but Columbia Villa was built to be permanent. It served as city-run public housing through the early 2000s. The city of Portland demolished Columbia Villa in 2003 and replaced it with a new mixed-income development called New Columbia. Visit City of Portland Archives for more https://efiles.portlandoregon.gov/Record/2298788/ and https://efiles.portlandoregon.gov/record/10936940
Collections with this item
Rights & Usage
Rights undetermined (the copyright and related rights status of this work is unknown).
- AD/6492, M/1117