Map of the area near the east ends of the Steel and Broadway bridges, dated April 1955. This is the site that was eventually chosen for the Exposition-Recreation Center, now known as the Veterans Memorial Coliseum. The map shows uses of each lot, for example, multi-family dwelling, church, commercial, parking lot, etc. The accompanying text points out that although the entire neighborhood was zoned commercial, the use was largely residential. More than 200 African American families, a sizeable part of the city's Black population, were displaced by the development.
Collections with this item
Rights & Usage
Rights undetermined (the copyright and related rights status of this work is unknown).
- OREGON 711 P83si