This view of the large room on the north side of the second floor of the Central Library shows construction work underway. Three sawhorses are visible in the photo. A bucket is sitting on one and at another a man is working. A few scraps of building material and some rags, or perhaps wrinkled paper, are scattered on the floor. The floor looks unfinished, but otherwise the room appears to be ready for use, except for the empty shelves lining all of the walls and the lack of chairs at the long dark wood library tables. A prominent feature of this room is the high arched windows. The ceiling design features ornate woodwork and electric light fixtures. When Central Library opened in 1913, this room was the Reference Room. It later became the Science and Business Room.
Collections with this item
- 10x8 inches
Rights & Usage
No known rights (no copyright or related rights are known to exist for this work).