In 1984, Dick and Nancy Ponzi started Columbia River Brewery at 1313 NW Marshall Street in Portland's Pearl District. The building had previously housed a cordage factory that created ropes for use in ship rigging. The following year was an eventful one, as the brewery was rechristened BridgePort Brewing Company and the Ponzis, along with other local craft brewers, successfully lobbied for the legal operation of brew pubs. BridgePort Brew Pub opened its doors in 1986. Seen here in 1998, the brew pub was closed for 14 months in 2005-06 for renovations.
Collections with this item
- 1 photograph
Rights & Usage
In copyright. Used by permission of the copyright holder, who retains publication rights thereto. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law.