In 1984, Dick and Nancy Ponzi purchased a dilapidated building in Portland's industrial Northwest district. Built in 1886, the three-story building's original owner was the Portland Cordage Company, a factory that manufactured rigging ropes for the ships that traversed the Willamette River. After the factory closed in 1935, the building slowly fell into disrepair until the Ponzis revivified it as BridgePort Brewing Company. Shortly after the passage of the Brewpub Bill, aka SB 813, BridgePort Brewpub opened at the same location. In 2004, the Brewpub closed for a 14-month renovation and reopened in 2005. This photograph was taken post-renovation.
Collections with this item
- 1 photograph
Rights & Usage
In copyright. Used by permission of the copyright holder, who retains publication rights thereto. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law.
Add new comment