A photograph of branch librarian, Mrs. Sally Bernhard, making a sign in the new Southwest Hills Branch. Mrs. Bernhard is wearing glasses, a watch on one arm and a bracelet on the other arm. One arm is raised and holding a letter 'Z' against the side of a bookshelf where she is making a sign with three-dimensional letters. Some letters rest on a ruler to keep them level. The lettering reads 'PEOPLES & PLACES, THE ARTS.' On the shelf in front of the sign rests a bottle of glue and other letters. Behind the librarian is library shelving with books. Built in 1957, the Southwest Hills Branch was later renamed Hillsdale Library.
Collections with this item
[back] 'OPENED MAY 22, 1957'
Rights & Usage
In copyright. Copyright owner unlocatable or unidentifiable.