Young children attend the integrated daily vacation Bible School in Vanport’s Recreation Center #5. Although housing and medical services were segregated, many of the public services in Vanport were integrated. This photograph was taken on August 28, 1943, and published in the Oregon Journal. Learn more about Vanport from the Oregon Encyclopedia https://oregonencyclopedia.org/articles/vanport/#.Ww2WU-4vxaQ
Rights & Usage
In copyright. Used by permission of the copyright holder, who retains publication rights thereto. Use of resources from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. Copyright held by the Oregonian Publishing Group. This image may not be reproduced without prior approval. Please contact the Oregon Historical Society Research Library for additional information on usage.
August 28, 1943
- OrHi 78867; Oregon Journal Photographs Collection; Org. Lot 1027