The City of Vanport provided recreation programs for children; although housing and medical services were segregated, many of the public services in Vanport were integrated. This photograph was first published in the Oregon Journal in May, 1946. Learn more about Vanport from the Oregon Encyclopedia https://oregonencyclopedia.org/articles/vanport/
Collections with this item
Rights & Usage
In copyright. Used by permission of the copyright holder, who retains publication rights thereto. Use of resources from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. Copyright held by the Oregonian Publishing Group. This image may not be reproduced without prior approval. Please contact the Oregon Historical Society Research Library for additional information on usage.
- Oregon Journal Photographs Collection; Org. Lot 1027; box 193, folder 39